Home | More Videos | About Us | Contact | Subscribe | Donate


Feds try to steal a motel from elderly couple

They call it "equity" sharing


Subscribe to Brasscheck TV

Your e-mail address is kept absolutely private
We make it easy to unsubscribe at any time

Navigation:    Home    Back    More videos like this

www.ij.org to the rescue


UPDATE: The Caswell's won their case

Can you believe this story?

These people operated a motel.

Some guests engaged in drug crimes - just as they do at Hilton and other hotels all over the world.

How much crime?

Less than .05 percent of the 125,000 rooms the Caswells rented over a 20 year period were the scene of illegal activity.

That's not 5% or 1/2%. That's 5/100ths of a percent, 5 out of 10,000 room rented.

Since when are motel owners responsible for what their guests to behind closed doors in the privacy of their own rooms?

Since some dirtbag Feds in Massachusetts discovered the Caswells owned the $1 million dollar property mortgage-free. Unlike the Hilton and Holiday Inn chains, the Caswells looked like an easy target.

The Feds call it "equity sharing": They keep 20% and the local police keep the other 80% and a couple that spent their whole lives working hard is bankrupted in their older years.

Sick, right? You bet it is.

The Institute for Justice helped the Caswells and they won their case.


Brasscheck TV's answer to the normal human question: "What can I do?"
For more Law enforcement corruption & abuse: videos, click here

See the complete catalog of
brasscheck tv videos

About Us | Information for subscribers | Privacy Policy | Contact