1. Chinese manufacturers are known to have added melamine to powdered milk products including baby food.
2. Melamine is not a permitted food additive in any country. It is an industrial product and is often contaminated with other toxins.
It damages the kidneys and is particularly dangerous, even fatal, to small children and infants.
3. Every other country on earth - including China - has removed all products made with Chinese-manufactured milk powder from their stores.
4. The FDA and the Bush Administration has made the US the only country on earth to have opted to leave these potentially tainted products on store shelves.
5. The FDA and the Bush administration knows that millions of pounds of Chinese-manufactured milk powder was imported into the US in the last twelve months.
6. It knows exactly what companies imported this material and the food manufacturers that used it know exactly what batches of their products this material is in.
7. The FDA and the Bush Administration further knows that:
a) injury and death associated with consumption of products containing melamine will not take place immediately (except perhaps in the case of infants) and
b) it will be practically impossible for sufferers of this tainted food to attribute their injuries to specific products since weeks, months or even years might pass between ingestion and symptoms.
By leaving these food products on store shelves, the FDA and the Bush Administration is deliberately risking serious harm to US consumers, no doubt hoping that because of the nature of the poisoning that they will be able get away with it and thus avoid the political consequences of a mass nationwide recall.
Please share this information with friends, family members and colleagues so they can make an informed decision about what they eat.
Knowing the parties involved - the Chinese government, the FDA, the Bush administration, the US news media, and corporate America - you can be sure that none of them can be trusted to look out for your welfare.
Avoid ALL food products manufactured in China and any product that contains milk powder that does not disclose its source. (Egg powder is also being identified as a potential source of this contamination.)