Obviously, it would be a disaster for America and the world if John McCain and Sarah Palin were to win the election today.
Voting for Obabma is a simple way to repudiate the last eight years of George Bush, Dick Cheney, Karl Rove and the criminals who run what's called the Republican Party.
It's the only sane thing for decent human being do to.
But don't expect too much from Mr. Obama.
He's a "go along to get along" guy. As this video clearly shows, he's part of the "in group" and he's as much of a "maverick" as John McCain is.
Here are some simple thing Obama can do as president to improve things quickly and dramatically for this country.
Let's see how many of these things he does:
1. He can insist that all future elections have voting machines that generate a paper trail that can be audited. He can work to make sure that Americans aren't forced to wait three, four, even seven hours plus on line to cast votes.
2. He can end the illegal, immoral and financially ruinous occupation of Iraq.
3. He can order swift trials for all the prisoners still held in Guantanamo and freedom for those who are being held without charges. He can close Guantanamo.
4. He can outlaw the use of torture and begin the process of dismantling the Patriot Act and other assaults on the Constitution.
5. He can repudiate the policy of first strike and the idea of using nuclear weapons against Iran or any other country.
6. He can order an investigation into the recent multi-trillion dollar Treasury Department giveaway to investment banks and brokerage houses. He can also look into the operations of the Federal Reserve Bank and their role in creating the current financial catastrophe that's overcome the world.
7. He can aggressively roll back all Bush era anti-environment laws and the non-enforcement of existing environmental protection laws.
8. He can properly compensate the people of New Orleans for the failure of the federal levee system there and order an investigation into widespread fraud on the part of the US Army Corps of Engineers in that city and in Iraq.
9. He can work to roll back media regulation laws to pre-1988 standards and return the "fairness" rule which prohibited broadcast news outlets from acting as propaganda arms for specific political parties and politicians (ex. Fox News.)
10. He can break the oil industry's multi-decade collusion with automakers and work towards a ban on the manufacture of gasoline-powered vehicles after 2014 (we've NEVER needed gasoline as a fuel to power our cars - watch for future videos on this subject.)
All these things are within his power.
Some he can make happen by simple presidential order. Others, he can easily accomplish with a Democratic majority in the House and Senate.
How many of these things will he do?
But there's one thing for sure:
There's NO chance that McCain and Palin will do anything about any of these issues.